Friday 22 January 2021

vague unloading and self-care



Has anyone tried therapy and found it underwhelming? I had been considering it for a long time before I gave it a try.

I took baby steps and tried counselling thrice. The first two times, it felt like the counsellor just wanted me to appear positive just to get her work done. So I just said yes, yes to everything. I was quite emotional during those sessions. It felt difficult to try and control my feelings.

The second session felt a bit different. I liked the counsellor. She seemed interested in listening. Of course, I didn't really unburden every little bit of my despair because it was the first time we had spoken. But I wasn't as emotional as last time. I was ready for it, just in case. However, whatever she was saying just felt so generic. It was probably because I was also only unloading just the vaguest bits of stuff about my problems. I know I shouldn't expect life-changing experiences during my initial chats. But. 

I will probably try this thing a few times. Because it did feel like a step towards self-care. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...