Tuesday 9 February 2021

Something like a cheerleader


Words of Women newsletter is back after a hiatus. She elevates my Mondays. Everyone needs to be subscribed to this newsletter if they aren't already. 

Well, anyway she connected readers to this 2018 Glamour piece. 

Ann Dowd is an actor and here she talks about finding success later in life. I always grapple with feelings of inadequacy, especially now that I am in my 30s and still feeling lost in a new country/culture/career. 

Reading about the actor's staunch belief in herself but also the inevitable emotion of frustration gave me some much needed courage and hope for my own self.

Ann also introduced me to Mary Oliver's lovely poem 'Wild Geese'. 

It has these sublime lines.

Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.

Meanwhile the world goes on.





No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...