Friday 14 May 2021

Hashtag blessed

The past few weeks have been good to me. Or rather, I've been good to myself. 

Just some few, low-key gifts of existence, but beautiful. And work life is looking good, mental health is great, weekend coming up. I'll take that as a win-win.


On Monday evening after work, I stepped out to the garden and found the mint in all its glory. They look so healthy and fresh, don't they?















Book I've been reading - Jia Tolentino's Trick Mirror. I've been savouring the book. Her words are so impactful but it also feels like I keep losing my understanding of the English language and learning new words simultaneously. hehehe. Would definitely recommend this book to everyone. She writes truthfully about women, beauty standards, the internet, etc, as it pertains to the world we live in today. It is very insightful and thought provoking. 



And then here's something I've been obsessed with recently. I sowed some sunflower seeds on May 5th, and they began sprouting on the 11th. Here's a picture I took yesterday. I've been quite captivated by their growth and I try to cheer them by talking to them a few times a day.
















My mom had two appointments on Tuesday and I took a day off work for her. Later, I managed to visit a bookstore after almost a year. What a beautiful moment! Thrifted these pre-loved books for below £5.


And then in the evening I came across a Tweet that felt so timely. Because I read only e-books these days though I can't seem to stop buying books. HAHA.



















And isn't this all of us navigating the Internet, social media life? Catch me huddled in bed scrolling down the comments section as people fight, troll, insult and try to enlighten one another.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...