Thursday 6 May 2021

Michaela Cole on a Thursday morning














It's been a wicked morning. 

Is crying over a profile piece on the brilliant Michaela Cole normal? Something about her just fills me up. What is it about women who truly fascinate and inspire you?

Just noticed that this piece was published last year on (serendipitously) July 6th which happens to be my birth date. My favourite bits from this article was her talking about empathy and what it means to her, the connection she had with her Air BnB lady in the US, and the way she questioned closure -  'Must there be bloodshed for there to be justice?'

The article also includes her 2018 MacTaggart Lecture. I watched it early this year and I am regretful that I didn't watch it sooner. Ever since, I have been astounded by her. It was not the first time I came across Michaela. I watched her show 'Chewing Gum' in 2017 but I couldn't really connect to the show so I hadn't followed her journey. But this speech that she gave is absolutely brilliant. 

And then, of course, I watched 'I May Destroy You'. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...