Saturday 25 July 2020

heart's ease





This is what I used to think of every time I watched Korean dramas. The subtitles would be structured differently and I would wonder why, but over time I started understanding the rhythm of the language and the placement of culture in the words. 

These days, this holds true when I read Korean to English translations of BTS songs. Namjoon and Yoongi's lyricisms always hit me. I really love having the privilege of understanding where they are coming from and how they think about certain situations and topics. 

I turn to doolset lyrics for all my BTS translations.



No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...