Sunday 6 September 2020

How do you console yourself when you're upset?

 Everything and everyone hurts. We imagine our hurts are unprecedented in this world. But that's not true, is it? 

I came across this question today, somewhere on the internet. And I've been thinking about it.

How do you console yourself when you're upset?

Lately, I've been turning to 'Uhgood' - what happens is I feel worse after I start listening to the song and I have a raging cry, and then I feel comforted. This is the only song that has ever had this sort of effect on me. I find it pretty amazing.

I sleep. Nothing is as therapeutic as good sleep. The harsh feelings are mostly gone and I can breathe easily.

Reach out to a friend.

I write. Sometimes it makes sense. Sometimes it is utter rubbish. But when I'm seeking comfort, venting either by talking to a friend or writing furiously dilutes my pain.





No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...