Monday 14 September 2020

goodbye, self-doubt, my old enemy

It is a brand spanking new week and I've decided to live with confidence. Actually, I decided this about three minutes ago and hurried over to write it into existence.

Ah, the pains of imposter syndrome! Isn't it painful to not only doubt your work but also doubt that you're where you are because of someone else's misplaced belief in you? You feel as if you're going to be found out any day that you're just swinging along without one bit of talent to spare.

I first came across feeling like an imposter when I switched careers. Setting out of one's comfort zone can go either way - you either come out a winner or feel like you're freefalling into a bottomless pit. Every Monday feels like a suckathon!! I had a hard time enjoying my work or believing that I was capable of actually contributing anything valuable. 

Now I'm getting better at calming myself. Instead of resorting to full-blown panic, I took a sharp u-turn just now and decided I AM good enough, I HAVE skills, I CAN rectify mistakes when I make any.

Feels nice to discover new things about yourself, every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...