Monday 14 December 2020

Monday moans

 

I love working from home. 

I'm actually dreading the day we will have to return to the 'normal' that was and join the rat race. 

But there's always some drawback. What is life without a few anxieties to keep you awake every now and then?

So my new enemy is this feeling that perhaps I'm not doing enough. With no boss physically around to check up on me, it can be quite difficult to show my work. Also, I'm actually working under two people so it can be quite confusing at times.

Questions that plague me during my work hours.

  • Am I supposed to be doing more?
  • But what is the 'more' I'm supposed to be doing?
  • Should I be reaching out to my bosses to ask for more work just to show I'm willing? 
  • But if I feel I have enough on my plate, should I be taking on more work?
  • What if I take on some more work just to impress my bosses but find myself overwhelmed?
Nothing is ever easy, is it? I've been trying to assuage my fears by telling myself that if there was more work to be done, I would have been informed about it. I have always met my deadlines and never refused any work. So this is the best I can do and I'm trying my best to do my best.

But yes, we never know anything for sure unless we know something for sure. HEHE. I don't know if I'm making sense. I just wanted to vent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...