Sunday 1 March 2020

what gives you courage?

sometimes, it is the cheers of a friend. often times, it is a flash of memory of times gone by that reassures my heart.

courage

we, perhaps, find the most courage when we manage to summon up belief in ourselves, from the deep recess of our soul.

knowing that you have to get through a task or meet the inevitable, and just ploughing through it, no deep thinking to hold me back, that is a courageous act for me. because I was someone who would worry a lot and think and rethink and deep think and just fall more and more into this pit of shame, self-pity and anger at the world. 

now I just jump into whatever comes with this blazing thought that “What's comin' will come, an' we'll meet it when it does.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...