Saturday 8 December 2018

Adapt


ADAPT

-To modify
-To adjust
             -To make suitable


Easier said than done.

Adapting takes a lot out of an average person. For young people, it is part of growing up. So what does that mean for those of us who have hit their thirties? I don't have an answer to that. All I know is I am having to learn how to adapt and it is not very pleasant. Yet, I wouldn't go so far as to say it is something to curse at for all of eternity. You get the hang of it after a couple of curses and mini meltdowns.

Then you pick yourself up as a good 'adult' does and get on with living. 




Adapting inevitably leads to tweaks in your personality. I have also invariably found myself alternating between panic and wonderment at whatever this adapting situation has brought to my life. 

A few tips on handling panic--Stop whatever you are doing that is causing you to panic-Do the thing that relaxes you most (talk to a confidant, drink tea, run, sleep, watch a movie)-Vent to a friend. Call them. If they don't pick up, leave long-winded messages.-Cry if you must

How to enjoy the state of wonderment-- Appreciate that you might not always feel this way- Call someone immediately to gush about the feeling. If they don't pick up, call someone else. Or leave a message.- Do something else you enjoy that can amplify your present state of being


No comments:

Post a Comment

your vision blears, you carry your weather with you

 This is a story I heard from a friend of a friend.  Usually something to take with a pinch of salt. But I've been watching ' I'...