Saturday 27 April 2024

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you?

I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be stuck in a home where we were ill prepared to take care of him. But he went to a good home, to people who wanted him so I am very grateful. I hope he is happy.

But it still haunts me that we were not good enough. I hope he did not suffer from being far away from us, I hope he forget us. Do dogs forget the people they've known?

And then our sweet cat who was still a very young boy. He went out for his usual scamper around the neighbourhood last April and never returned. Despite looking for him for days and posting online on social media, we were not able to find him.

Then about 10 months later, we got a call from the vet that our sweet boy had been killed in an accident. The most devastating thing was that the accident was just a street down our house. He probably got lost and forgot his way home. It breaks my heart to think of him scared and hungry.

I hope to be a better person so I can take care of my pets better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...