Thursday 7 September 2017

The year of firsts

2017 was the first time I 


  • decided I needed to learn how to 'do' make-up.
  • saw him use a comb.
  • brought home a plant (aloe vera). Then I took ali ali maato from my landlord's pots to plant the aloe vera.
  • read a graphic novel. It was Marjane Satrapi's 'Persepolis' and it was awesome.
  • bought a sari for myself. It's black and white, and kind of stiff and I don't know how I will wear it.

  • watched a Kathakali performance (in Kerala) that is all about elaborate costumes, colourful make-up and extremely expressive artistes. It was fantastic and paisa wasool (only INR 200) so we went back for round two the next evening.
  • bought pillows. That was kind of a landmark moment because it had been two years since I had decided I needed new pillows. Now that I need new bed sheets, I will probably get them in 2019.
  • tried waxing as an alternative to shaving. Used a waxing strip. Pleasantly surprised to find it didn't hurt. Didn't take much time either. Now I have smooth legs (whenever I think it's absolutely necessary to wax my legs).
  • tried to be vegetarian for a month (thanks Shrawan ka mahina). It was torturous and I was complaining the entire time.

Three more months till the year ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my sweet boys, I miss you

 Do you ever think of your pets who are no longer with you? I think of our dog - our energetic, unruly boy who was unfortunate enough to be ...